Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Lesson


Mother’s Day Lesson

A Really Old Mom
Order of Service
Praise Songs
Bible story about Sarah and being 90 years old and a Mom.
Have kids draw the story on blank paper and ask questions about it.
Illustrated Sermon (bring baby doll, baby clothes, bottle, diaper, burp rag etc.)
Learn Scripture with puppets. Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
Craft: I love you to pieces. puzzle pieces, craft sticks, glue, string.http://pinterest.com/pin/239042692691708922/
Snack

Illustrated Sermon

Bring a baby doll to class and have different kids feed it, change it, burp it etc.
Share with the kids this scripture.
The bible says in: Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:

Q:Why are mother’s so important?

Q:What do our mom do for us?
Q:What are some special things we can do for our mom for mother’s day?

Sing Songs: (Bingo, but spell Jesus) and He’s got the Whole World.
Hand Motions for He’s got the whole world is really fun!

He’s got the Whole world (with hand motions.)

He’s got the whole world (Do hands in big circle)
In His hands (High five with both hands)
(Repeat)
He’s got the Whole world (Big Circle)
In His hands (High five)
He’s got the little bity babies (Rock your arms)
(Repeat)
In His hands (High five)
He’s got the whole world (Big circle)
In His hands (High five)
He’s got the brothers and the sisters (Put left hand out and then right hand out)
(Repeat)
In His hands. (High five)
He’s got the whole world (Big circle)
In His hands (High five)
He’s got Mom and Dad(left hand out then right hand out)
In His hands (high five)
(Repeat)
He’s got the whole world (Big circle)
In His hands (High five)
He’s got (Fill in names of kids here really fast, they think it’s hilarious!)
In His hands (High five)
He’s got the whole world (Big circle)
In His hands (High five)

Kaboom! Kids Puppets

Mom rocks!

Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:


Puppets: Kaboom girl, Bam Man, Wham-O

Bam man: Who are these people?
Wham-O (sniffs, barks)
Kaboom girl: Well, Wham-O?
Wham-O: Oh, there are kids in here? I was barking at a squirrel outside.
Bam man: They keep staring at me. Why are they staring at me?
Kaboom girl: Maybe we should say hi. I’m Kaboom girl!
Bam man: I’m Bam Bacon Man.
Kaboom girl: That is not your name.
Bam man: Bacon is totally my middle name, Kaboom girl. So technically that is my name.
Wham-O: I’m Wham-O!! Bark!
Kaboom girl: Maybe we should ask their names?
Bam man: They look like aliens; I bet they have alien names.
Wham-O: That one looks like cake.
Kaboom girl: I think you’re just hungry, Wham-O.
Wham-O: I am hungry for cake.
Kaboom girl: What are your names, kids?
(Let kids answer)
Bam man: Those sound pretty normal, I guess they are safe, Kaboom girl.
Wham-O: Do we have a scripture to learn today?
Kaboom girl: Oh yeah! Here it is! It says: Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Bam man: I totally got this. Proverbs 31:28 Her chicken smile and fall her obsessed; her hungry hippies also, and he punches her. That was it, right?!
Wham-O: Bam man, you said it wrong. I know it, Kaboom girl. Listen up, Peaches 31:28. Her chipmunks fart and baseball shirts her dressed; her nachos also, and he eats her. I got it!! Bark!
Kaboom girl: Why would her nachos eat her? I’m so confused right now. I don’t think that was the scripture, guys. Kids we better help Bam man and Wham-O. I’ll say the scripture, and you repeat it okay? Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Bam man: I got this now! Proverbs 31:28. Her children arise and call her bacon; her husband also, and he puts peanut butter jelly on her head. Right? Did I do it right?
Wham-O: Let me try this again! Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her breadsticks; her honey-loving poo bear also, and he puts her in a pool of J-E-L-L-O.
Kaboom girl: Weird. No, I don’t think that’s it guys. Kids, they really need help on this. Let’s try that again! Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Bam Man: Wow, these kids are geniuses.
Wham-O: They must eat my dog biscuits because it says on the box, good for brains.
Kaboom girl: Maybe, they do. Maybe you guys should say it with us, Bam man and Wham-O. Okay? Here we go! Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Bam man: I know I got it this time. Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he buys her a puppy.
Kaboom girl: That was really close, Bam man! You almost got it!
Wham-O: Bark! I got it too! Proverbs 31:28. Don’t put glue in your sister’s hair.
Kaboom girl: Huh?
Wham-O: Oh! That was something my mom told me once! I got this scripture. Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he pours her a drink of milk. Did I do it, Kaboom girl?
Kaboom girl: Well…not quite. Kids, let’s say it really slow, so they can understand it. Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Bam Man: Can I have the kids help me say it again, Kaboom girl?
Kaboom girl: Sure! Ready kids? Let’s say it again for Bam Man. Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
Bam Man: I know I got it this time! Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Wham-O: I really want cake.
Kaboom girl: Come on, Wham-O, you got this!
Wham-O: Okay, okay. Here we go. Kids can you help me once more?
Kaboom girl: Ready, set, go. Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
Wham-O: Ooh! I know it, I know it! Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
Kaboom girl: You got it!!! High five!! Kids why don’t you high five your neighbor! We helped them say it!!

Copyright©2013 Natasha House 

I give you permission to use my puppet skit material but please do not sell it. Thanks. I would love to hear how your kids liked it. Hope you have fun!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment